Huntington Beach Carpet Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Taking care of your carpet is one of the most cost effective ways to make your home or business look great.
Think of all the homes and businesses you visited this week…
Did you notice the carpet in each?
Chances are if the carpet was clean and well maintained, you didn’t notice. But if the carpet was dirty, discolored or worn, you probably noticed, and it gave you a negative impression of the homeowner or business.
The fact is, it doesn’t take much time or money to keep your carpet looking clean and new. To help you with that, here are…
6 Pro Carpet Cleaning Tips and Tricks
1) Vacuum carpet at least once a week. Up to 80% of carpet dirt is loose and removable with regular vacuuming. Regular vacuuming will get most dirt and debris out of the carpeting before it causes stains and discoloration which require more vigorous cleaning methods. Once a week is a good standard for home carpet, but high traffic commercial and office space should be vacuumed more frequently.
2) Move furniture periodically. This helps to prevent premature carpet wear and soiling in regular traffic areas of your home, office or business. Obviously, this is not always possible, but when it is, it helps.
3) Remove your shoes. If you remove your shoes at the front door of your home and walk on your carpet with just socks or bare feet, it will prevent the dirt, oil, and other chemicals and debris you’ve stepped on from being transferred to your carpet. We understand not everyone wants to do this or wants to impose a “no shoes” policy on their guests, but if you do it will help your carpet.
4) Treat spills immediately. This should go without saying, but if someone spills a drink, drops food, or brings something in on their shoes, treat it immediately. The longer something remains in the carpet, the more difficult it is to clean and more likely it is to stain. See How to remove pet stains from carpet,
5) If you can’t get a spill out on your own, call a professional immediately. Again, the longer something remains in the carpet, the more difficult it is to clean and more likely it is to stain. So, if your attempts to blot up a spill are not entirely successful, call a professional carpet cleaner right away before it stains or dries.
6) Have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Home carpet should be professionally cleaned at least once a year. Commercial carpet cleaning and office carpet cleaning should be done more frequently. The specific frequency is going to depend on foot traffic. You can save time and money by scheduling recurring carpet cleaning with a professional carpet cleaner.
If you are looking for either one-time or recurring carpet cleaning, residential or commercial carpet cleaning in Huntington Beach, Irvine, or Newport Beach, CA, call the reliable, professionals at Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning Huntington Beach.
Comments are closed